Over the past 7 months, we have discovered that Ryan is a big fan of ballads and love songs. With Music Tuesdays, we either have a lesson about an artist, a genre of music, or anything else musically related. We also listen to a lot of music, especially via YouTube and Pandora. Ryan’s music teacher, Ben, also comes to the house for a lesson.
Ryan has come up with a list of his favorite songs and they follow below. The first two are his absolute favorites and the rest are in no particular order.
- Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion
- You’re Beautiful, James Blunt
- You Light Up My Life, Debby Boone
- Amazed, Lonestar
- Apologize, One Republic
- Marry Me, Train
- My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion
- From this Moment, Shania Twain
Ryan told me to add: ANY CELINE DION SONGS. He absolutely loves her music.
Ryan usually has a writing assignment each week as a part of his music lessons. This is to get his juices flowing for writing song lyrics. I wanted to share with all of you two recent writing assignments.
Ryan’s most recent music assignment was to come up with a list format for a song (inspired by The Sound of Music, My Favorite Things)
- UNDERSTAND IT GRIPS ME WHEN LOUD NOISES APPEAR SUDDENLY.
- REALLY BOTHERS ME WHEN IT MEANS A LOT TO ME BUT NOT TO OTHERS.
- WISHING TO GO IN THE POOL BUT I HAVE TO WAIT.
- BEING TREATED LIKE A BABY—WORST THING EVER.
I asked him, “Has this gotten better?”
REALLY CARING TO SAY BETTER
5. FALLING ASLEEP EARLY. DONT WANT TO MISS OUT.
6. WISHING TO GO OUT BUT HARD TO CONTROL.
1. UNDERSTAND I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS.
I had to interject.”I don’t like them at all. I don’t like anything that makes me feel sick or motion sick.”
US TOO DIFFERENT IN THAT WAY.
2. LIKE CARING PEOPLE.
3. GOOD UNDERSTANDING.
4. A COOL BIKE.
5. MUCH FOUNDATION IN HISTORY.
6. WISHING TO DO ANYTHING FOR CARING FAMILY.
The other assignment that I wanted to share was tweaking some words that he had written for a song about Grandpa Bob. He had originally written some lyrics in January but we had not revisited them for a while. Here is his song about Grandpa Bob. The title is TO MEET YOU AGAIN. For the record, we have not recorded it yet because he would like for it to be sung by a female singer. Any volunteers?
DEARLY HARD TO SAY
REALLY WORRIED ABOUT YOU
I AM LIVING IN SO MUCH PAIN
REALLY WISHING TO GET YOU HOME
MEANINGFUL TO ME IN SO MANY WAYS
MISSING YOU FOR SO MANY DAYS
GEARING UP TOO MUCH FOR YOUR RETURN
TO MEET YOU AGAIN
BECAUSE OF YOU
I CALL INTO MY HEART
WITH ALL OF MY HEART
PRAYING FOR YOUR RELEASE
SEEING PICTURES OF YOUR FACE
GIVING UP SO MUCH
YOU’RE A REAL LIFE SUPER HERO
MY WORLD COMES TO A HALT
WITH ALL CONSUMING THOUGHT
MUST DEARLY FIND A WAY TO GET YOU HOME
TO MEET YOU AGAIN
**When I read this blog to Ryan for his approval (like I always do), he spelled TOO TOTALLY HARD TO LISTEN TO THOSE LYRICS. We had not reread them in a few weeks.**